Friday, July 17, 2009

Architecture + Weddings ...

Architectural Photography + Wedding Photography...
... May seem like an odd combination, but each represents a soulful connection to the world around and within us. I suppose, for me, they each represent one of the more significant milestones in our lives - iconic dreams that we hold from childhood - each of which brings us to a new phase of our lives. The photography of each, if executed well, allows a viewer a glimpse into someone else's dream space...



















This blog will celebrate both - beautifully designed architecture and joyfully lived weddings - as seen through my camera (currently my beloved Canon 5D).

It is every bit as different an experience to photograph each as you might imagine... Architecture (for which I have an undying love following a Master of Architecture degree and several years in the design profession) will sit for you unflinchingly while the light plays its magic within and around the spaces, and generally, you have many chances to get the shot the way you want it.

In stark contrast, each moment leading up to, during, and following a wedding ceremony is beyond fleeting and as such, work as a wedding photojournalist is hugely weighted with significance, but when I start to watch the images emerge as I edit the shoot, it is unimaginably and profoundly rewarding to know that these moments are captured forever.

Sensitivity above all else, followed by patience and passion for the subject matter are required for both genres of photographic work, and I find both to be among the most satisfying work I could ever imagine being lucky enough to do!

No comments: