Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Environmental Portraiture | Denver Colorado


Sometimes it still catches me off guard how much I love photographing people.

I mean, I'm a photographer. And I genuinely love people. So I'm not sure why this should surprise me, but it does.  I think it's my background: architecture doesn't move, or feel self-conscious. Or blink.

But seriously, even with the unpredictability inherent in photographing a person, I can hardly explain how much of a thrill I find in making a person FEEL how beautiful they are. Maybe there is some thrill in not knowing what I'll discover in that session. Finding a gorgeous spot of light, setting a person at ease, making someone smile from their eyes ... it gives me butterflies just thinking about it.

And when the result is a set of photos like this? Crazy love. Seriously.




No comments: